1. What company collects trash in CLP?
Progressive is CLP's vendor for trash, yard waste, and recycle collection. See the Utilities and Services section for contact information, collection days, and other information. In December, 2013, it changed its name to Progressive Waste Solutions of MO, Inc. CLP subscribes to two trash pickups per week in Hunter Park.
2. What if my trash / yard waste / recycle was not picked up on the scheduled day?
Please call Progressive's Customer Service 636-321-2100. They usually make a special pickup.
3. I am a new resident of Crystal Lake Park—do I need to have an Inspection or Occupancy Permit before I move in?
Yes, an Inspection and Occupancy Permit are required for any change in occupancy (home sale or rental to a new tenant). Please see the "Occupancy Permit Procedures" document on the Permits page.
4. I want to paint the outside of my house? Do I need a permit?
Yes. Please see the document entitled "Work that requires ARB approval" on the Permits page.
5. I want to build a fence. Do I need a permit?
Yes. Please see the document entitled "Work that requires ARB approval" on the Permits page.
6. Do I need a permit for repairs or new building projects?
It depends on the Project. Please see the Permits page for Building Permit Procedures and the Fee Schedule document.
7. How do I contact the Crystal Lake Park Building Inspector? City Planner? City Clerk? Street Commissioner?
John Morgan is the appointed Building Inspector. He can be reached at 398-4055.
Ada Hood is the appointed City Planning Consultant. She can be reached at 636-300-7516.
Angela McCormick is the appointed City Clerk . She can be reached at 993-1160.
Sam Marcus is the appointed Street Commissioner. He can be reached at (314) 398-4055
8. I need to have the gate opened at the end of Oak Drive—whom do I call?
Please contact the City Clerk (993-1160).
9. The street light is out on my street—whom do I call to have it repaired?
Please call Ameren directly at 1-800-552-7583 and give them the street address and the light pole’s tag number, for example, 2146 Oak Drive, Pole #45948. A list of addresses and pole numbers is included in the 2015 CLP City Directory. A copy is attached below.
10. There is a pothole in the middle of my street—whom do I call to have it repaired?
Crystal Lake Park has an agreement with the City of Frontenac to repair potholes. Please contact the City Clerk (993-1160), and she will coordinate with Frontenac.
11. My neighbor has construction starting at 6:00 am—how early can work begin in the neighborhood?
Per CLP's Municipal Code* 210.223, contractors can work from:
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday
9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sunday and national holidays
Exceptions can be granted in emergencies or where a specific permit has been issued by the City.
*CLP's Municipal Code is available on-line through Sullivan Publications:
12. Who is the Alderperson I can call to make a complaint or make a request of the City?
Please see the CLP district/ward map to determine which District/Ward that you are in. A complete list of all Alderpersons and their wards are posted on the Board of Alderpersons page. Also, if you check your address in the Listings by Street section in the back of the CLP Directory, you can find your Ward and District.
13. How do I get a CLP phone book?
The Communications Coordinator or City Clerk, (993-1160) can provide you with a CLP phone book. The most recent one was mailed to residents in July 2015. New residents receive a copy as part of the Welcome Package. Updates and corrections are included in e-mails to the community and a full list is also included in each Newsletter.
14. How can I volunteer for the City?
Please contact the City Clerk (993-1160) who can put you in touch with the appropriate Commissioner.
15. How do I find out what is happening in the City? Are there seasonal events?
Please check our website's Calendar and Announcements for listings of upcoming events. Also, notices are posted on the Bulletin Board located on Country Club Drive, in Announcements on the web site, and they are also listed in the City's periodic Newsletters published in spring and fall. In addition, periodic e-mails are sent to residents on the E-mail Distribution List. Contact the Communications Coordinator to subscribe.
16. I have a general question of the City—whom do I call?
The City Clerk will be happy to help! She can be reached at 993-1160.
17. Do I need a permit to hold a Garage Sale or Estate Sale?
18. Does Crystal Lake Park have a sewer lateral repair program?
Yes. See Sewer-Lateral-Program-2012 on the Forms page for the application and program description. St. Louis County maintains a list of qualified plumbers and drain layers for sewer lateral work on its web site. Click here to view it. Please contact Jim Griffin of the Frontenac Public Works Department between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (314-994-9861 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
19. Does Crystal Lake Park have a Leash Law?
Yes. CLP’s Ordinances include a Leash Law that prohibits allowing pets to run at large. If you observe an animal nuisance which you deem to be a dangerous situation or if you wish to see the owner cited and are willing to sign a complaint, please contact Frontenac Police who will take the necessary course of action. You also have the option of contacting St. Louis County Animal Control who will come and pick up the nuisance animal. Officers from either agency will enforce our leash law ordinances as well as assure humane treatment of the animal. You can contact these agencies at the following phone numbers:
Frontenac Police: (314) 737-4600
St. Louis County Animal Control: (314) 615-0650
20. How can I obtain paper copies of meeting minutes and other documents?
Please contact the City Clerk at 993-1160. The cost is ten cents per page plus the hourly rate of the employee for research and copying.
21. Where can I buy clothes with the CLP Logo?
Residents and officials can now purchase hats, totes, shirts, T-shirts, etc. with our logo. The City paid the one-time setup charge at S&S Screen Graphics. See their catalog at: www.StLouisTees.comOur logo is filed under “City of Crystal Lake Park.” Please call for a quote and to place an order: 636-343-0790
S & S Screen Graphics, 515 Rudder Rd, Fenton, MO 63026
Sales/Support Phone: 636-343-0790; E-mail: Info@StLouisTees.com
22. I need to have something dug up in my yard, what do I do?
Always call before you dig: 1-800-DIG-RITE. It saves time and money. Dig?
23. Where do CLP residents vote?
Frontenac City Hall -- 10555 Clayton Road. See St. Louis County & Other Government Links section for more information on voting.
24. How can I recycle hazardous waste?
A Permanent Hazardous Household Waste (HHW) Facility has been established replacing the one-day HHW drop-off events St. Louis County Health Department used to sponsor. The first drop-off site is located on the grounds of the Lemay Waste Water Treatment Facility, 291 E. Hoffmeister , St Louis MO 63125. In 2015, St. Louis County opened a North County HHW Facility located at 4100 Seven Hills Drive, St. Louis MO, 63033. Residents must make reservations on-line or via phone (314-615-8958). A flyer is attached in the Utilities and Services section. Complete information is available on their web site www.hhwstl.com
25. Are Solicitors / Peddlers allowed in CLP?
Yes, but Section 600 of CLP's Municipal Code requires each solicitor / peddler to have and wear an ID card issued by the City Clerk and they can only work between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Central Standard Time) and 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. (Central Daylight Time). Residents can post NO Solicitor signs on their front doors. The application is on the Forms page. See the Public Safety page for warnings about solicitor scams.
26. Why is it important to list my address as Crystal Lake Park when paying vehicle sales tax?
Because CLP receives a portion of the sales tax which is an important source of revenue. Also, CLP's tax rate is lower than surrounding municipalities such as Des Peres, Frontenac, and Town & Country. Follow this link for more information:
27. Are CLP property owners eligible for Block Grants? No. CLP will not be eligible for Block Grants until 2018.
28. Are CLP residents eligible for resident rates at The Lodge in Des Peres? No. Although CLP is in the Des Peres zip code, it is not part of the Des Peres tax base. However, day passes available for non-residents at a nominal rate. Click here for more information.
29. Does CLP have a snow removal policy? Yes. In anticipation of bad weather, the city's contractor treats all streets in advance. The contractor will plow all streets after several inches build up and a final cleanup plowing and salting of all streets will be done after all precip has stopped. Questions? Contact Sam Marcus, CLP Street Commissioner 314-398-4055, e-mail: email@example.com
DO NOT PARK ON THE STREET when inclement weather is predicted so the streets can be salted and plowed efficiently and safely.
30. Are Backyard Chickens permitted in Crystal Lake Park? No. Chickens and other fowl are forbidden by ordinance in CLP because our properties are not zoned for Acricultural use. Some Muncipalities allow them, but CLP does not. It's not feasible with our small lot sizes.