1. What company collects trash in CLP?
    Waste Connections is CLP's vendor for trash, yard waste, and recycle collection. See the Utilities and Services section for contact information, collection days, and other information. It was previously named IESI and Progressive Waste Solutions of MO, Inc. CLP subscribes to two trash pickups per week in Hunter Park for park refuse. Contact Customer Service 636-321-2100 (8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday) or call Residential Dispatch 636-321-2105. Please see the city's website under "Announcements" for more information.

  2. What if my trash / yard waste / recycle was not picked up on the scheduled day?
    Please call Waste Connections' Customer Service 636-321-2100. They usually make a special pickup.

  3. I am a new resident of Crystal Lake Park—do I need to have an Inspection or Occupancy Permit before I move in?
    Yes, an Inspection and Occupancy Permit are required for any change in occupancy (home sale or rental to a new tenant). Please see the "Occupancy Permit Procedures" document on the Permits page.

  4. I want to paint the outside of my house? Do I need a permit?
    Yes. Please see the document entitled "Work that requires ARB approval" on the Permits page.

  5. I want to build a fence. Do I need a permit?
    Yes. Please see the document entitled "Work that requires ARB approval" on the Permits page.

  6. Do I need a permit for repairs or new building projects?
    It depends on the Project. Please see the Permits page for Building Permit Procedures and the Fee Schedule document.

  7. How do I contact the Crystal Lake Park Building Inspector? City Planner? City Clerk? Street Commissioner?

    • Jared Reid is the appointed Building Inspector. He can be reached at 314-994-3200.

    • Ellen Rottjakob is the appointed City Planning Consultant. She can be reached at 314-488-6043.

    • Angela McCormick is the appointed City Administrator. She can be reached at 314-993-1160.

    • Jim Link is the appointed Street Commissioner. He can be reached at 636-590-6197

  8. I need to have the gate opened at the end of Oak Drive—whom do I call?
    Please contact the City Administrator (993-1160)

  9. The street light is out on my street—whom do I call to have it repaired?
    Please call Ameren directly at 1-800-552-7583 and give them the street address and the light pole’s tag number, for example, 2146 Oak Drive, Pole #45948. A list of addresses and pole numbers is included in the 2015 CLP City Directory. A copy is attached below.

  10. There is a pothole in the middle of my street—whom do I call to have it repaired?
    Crystal Lake Park has an agreement with the City of Frontenac to repair potholes. Please contact the City Administrator (314-993-1160), and she will coordinate with Frontenac.

  11. My neighbor has construction starting at 6:00 am—how early can work begin in the neighborhood?
    Per CLP's Municipal Code* 210.223, contractors can work from:

    • 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday

    • 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday

    • 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sunday and national holidays Exceptions can be granted in emergencies or where a specific permit has been issued by the City.
      *CLP's Municipal Code is available on-line through GeneralCode: http://www.ecode360.com/CR3278

  12. Who is the Alderperson I can call to make a complaint or make a request of the City?
    Please see the CLP district/ward map to determine which District/Ward that you are in. A complete list of all Alderpersons and their wards are posted on the Board of Alderpersons page. Also, if you check your address in the Listings by Street section in the back of the CLP Directory, you can find your Ward and District.

  13. How do I get a CLP phone book?
    In an effort to protect the privacy of city residents and adhere to Sunshine Law requirements the city will no longer publish a CLP Directory. An abbreviated directory with information pertinent to the city has been developed and can be found via the following link CLP Abbreviated Directory 2022 .

  14. How can I volunteer for the City?
    Please contact the City Administrator (314-993-1160) who can put you in touch with the appropriate Commissioner.

  15. How do I find out what is happening in the City? Are there seasonal events?
    Please check our website's Calendar and Announcements for listings of upcoming events. Also, notices are posted on the Bulletin Board located on Country Club Drive, in Announcements on the web site, and they are also listed in the City's periodic Newsletters published in spring and fall. In addition, periodic e-mails are sent to residents on the E-mail Distribution List. Contact the Communications Coordinator to subscribe.

  16. I have a general question of the City—whom do I call?
    The City Administrator will be happy to help! She can be reached at 314-993-1160.

  17. Do I need a permit to hold a Garage Sale or Estate Sale?

    • No permit is required for Garage Sales. (If there is sufficient interest, a city-wide Garage Sale is held in even-numbered years.)

    • A permit is required for Estate Sales. See Estate Sales on the Forms page for application.

  18. Does Crystal Lake Park have a sewer lateral repair program?
    Yes. See Sewer-Lateral-Program-2012 on the Forms page for the application and program description. Please contact Jim Griffinof the Frontenac Public Works Department between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (314-994-9861 or by e-mail: jgriffin@cityoffrontenac.org)

  19. Does Crystal Lake Park have a Leash Law?
    Yes. CLP’s Ordinances include a Leash Law that prohibits allowing pets to run at large. If you observe an animal nuisance which you deem to be a dangerous situation or if you wish to see the owner cited and are willing to sign a complaint, please contact Frontenac Police who will take the necessary course of action. You also have the option of contacting St. Louis County Animal Control who will come and pick up the nuisance animal. Officers from either agency will enforce our leash law ordinances as well as assure humane treatment of the animal. You can contact these agencies at the following phone numbers:

    • Frontenac Police: (314) 737-4600

    • St. Louis County Animal Control: (314) 615-0650

  20. How can I obtain paper copies of meeting minutes and other documents?
    Please contact the City Administrator at 993-1160. The cost is ten cents per page plus the hourly rate of the employee for research and copying.

  21. Where can I buy clothes with the CLP Logo?
    Residents and officials can now purchase hats, totes, shirts, T-shirts, etc. with our logo. The City paid the one-time setup charge at S&S Screen Graphics. See their catalog at: https://stlouistees.com/STLTees/shop/products/all?page=1

    Our logo is filed under “City of Crystal Lake Park.” Please call for a quote and to place an order: 636-343-0790; S & S Screen Graphics, 515 Rudder Rd, Fenton, MO 63026

    Sales/Support Phone: 636-343-0790; E-mail: Info@StLouisTees.com

  22. I need to have something dug up in my yard, what do I do?
    Always call before you dig: 1-800-DIG-RITE. It saves time and money. Dig?

  23. Where do CLP residents vote?
    Frontenac City Hall -- 10555 Clayton Road. See St. Louis County & Other Government Links section for more information on voting.

  24. How can I recycle hazardous waste?
    A Permanent Hazardous Household Waste (HHW) Facility has been established replacing the one-day HHW drop-off events St. Louis County Health Department used to sponsor. The first drop-off site is located on the grounds of the Lemay Waste Water Treatment Facility, 291 E. Hoffmeister , St Louis MO 63125. In 2015, St. Louis County opened a North County HHW Facility located at 4100 Seven Hills Drive, St. Louis MO, 63033. Residents must make reservations on-line or via phone (314-615-8958). A flyer is attached in the Utilities and Services section. Complete information is available on their web site www.hhwstl.com

  25. Are Solicitors / Peddlers allowed in CLP?
    Yes, but Section 600 of CLP's Municipal Code requires each solicitor / peddler to have and wear an ID card issued by the City Clerk and they can only work between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Central Standard Time) and 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. (Central Daylight Time). Residents can post NO Solicitor signs on their front doors. The application is on the Forms page. See the Public Safety page for warnings about solicitor scams.

  26. Why is it important to list my address as Crystal Lake Park when paying vehicle sales tax?
    Because CLP receives a portion of the sales tax which is an important source of revenue. Also, CLP's tax rate is lower than surrounding municipalities such as Des Peres, Frontenac, and Town & Country. Follow this link for more information: http://www.crystallakepark.org/UsefulLinks/crystal-lake-park-links/vehicle-sales-tax

  27. Are CLP property owners eligible for Block Grants?
    No. CLP will not be eligible for Block Grants until 2018.

  28. Are CLP residents eligible for resident rates at The Lodge in Des Peres?
    No. Although CLP is in the Des Peres zip code, it is not part of the Des Peres tax base. However, day passes available for non-residents at a nominal rate. Click here for more information.

  29. Does CLP have a snow removal policy?
    Yes. In anticipation of bad weather, the city's contractor treats all streets in advance. The contractor will plow all streets after several inches build up and a final cleanup plowing and salting of all streets will be done after all precip has stopped. Please avoid parking in the street so our streets can be cleared efficiently and safely. Questions? Contact Jim Link, CLP Street Commissioner by phone 636-590-6197 or by email: streets@crystallakepark.org
    Do not park on the street when inclement weather is predicted so the streets can be salted and plowed efficiently and safely.

  30. Crystal Lake Park Wards CLP has two Wards. The Boundary Lines can be confusing. So who lives in Wards 1 & 2?
    Crystal Lake Park Wards CLP has two Wards. The Boundary Lines can be confusing. So who lives in Wards 1 & 2?

    • Ward 1 — All residents whose addresses are on these streets are in Ward 1: Bedford Drive, Bopp Road, Crystal Drive, Grandview Drive, Lakeview Drive, Mattox Court, South Drive, and Spring Drive. These addresses on Country Club Drive, East Drive, and Oak Drive are also in Ward 1:

      • 11908 Country Club Drive

      • 11920 Country Club Drive

      • 11928 Country Club Drive

      • 11948 Country Club Drive

      • 11954 Country Club Drive

      • 2101 East Drive

      • 2104 East Drive

      • 2106 East Drive

      • 2107 East Drive

      • 2110 East Drive

      • 2112 East Drive

      • 2113 East Drive

      • 2116 East Drive

      • 2121 East Drive

      • 2122 East Drive

      • 2126 East Drive

      • 2129 East Drive

      • 2104 Oak Drive

      • 2114 Oak Drive

      • 2123 Oak Drive

      • 2126 Oak Drive

      • 2130 Oak Drive

      • 2131 Oak Drive

      • 2132 Oak Drive

    • Ward 2 — All residents whose addresses are on these streets are in Ward 2: Croydon Walk, Cleek Court, Derby Way, Divot Drive and Putter Lane. The Willows is in Ward 2. These addresses on Country Club Drive, East Drive, and Oak Drive are also in Ward 2:

      • 11802 Country Club Drive

      • 11902 Country Club Drive

      • 2133 East Drive

      • 2134 East Drive

      • 2137 East Drive

      • 2138 East Drive

      • 2141 East Drive

      • 2142 East Drive

      • 2144 East Drive

      • 2145 East Drive

      • 2148 East Drive

      • 2149 East Drive

      • 2151 East Drive

      • 2152 East Drive

      • 2155 East Drive

      • 2156 East Drive

      • 2157 East Drive

      • 2158 East Drive

      • 2159 East Drive

      • 2164 East Drive

      • 2137 Oak Drive

      • 2138 Oak Drive

      • 2143 Oak Drive

      • 2146 Oak Drive

      • 2147 Oak Drive

      • 2150 Oak Drive

      • 2153 Oak Drive

      • 2154 Oak Drive

      • 2158 Oak Drive

      • 2159 Oak Drive

      • 2162 Oak Drive

      • 2168 Oak Drive

  31. Are Backyard Chickens permitted in Crystal Lake Park?
    No. Chickens and other fowl are forbidden by ordinance in CLP because our properties are not zoned for Agricultural use. Some Municipalities allow them, but CLP does not. It's not feasible with our small lot sizes.

  32. Does CLP have a Flag Pole?
    Yes. In 2016, the City purchased a new lighted flag pole which was installed near the Bulletin Board on Country Club Drive. The American flag and CLP's City flag are flown on it. Periodically, the Governor’s Office orders flags to be flown at half-staff for specific periods. Often, this is in honor of a public official who has recently died. Such events are frequently covered in local and national news broadcasts. Thanks to CLP residents Mary Ann Strubert and Ryan Eaton for volunteering to man our flag. If anyone would like more information about these orders to fly the flag at half-staff or would like to receive e-mail notification for them, go to: https://oa.mo.gov/facilities/facilities-operations/flag-display/flag-notifications

  33. What’s the recipe for the Caramel Sauce at the Ice Cream Social?
    At CLP’s first Ice Cream Social, Matt Posey brought his “Famous Salted Caramel Sauce” and shared the recipe:

    • 1 cup granulated sugar

    • 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pats

    • 1/2 cup heavy cream

    • 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
      In a large saucepan, heat the sugar on medium heat, stirring constantly. Once the sugar starts to melt, turn the heat down to medium-low. As soon as the sugar is completely melted, stir in the butter. Be careful, it will bubble and splatter. After the butter is incorporated into the sugar, slowly drizzle the cream into the pan. Keep stirring and let the sauce boil for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in the salt.
      Enjoy! It's also great with apple slices. If you have any left over, keep it in a covered container in the fridge. ;-} Although Matt and Ande moved away, we still have fond memories of them and Matt's father, Doug, made the Caramel Sauce for the 2017 Ice Cream Social.

  34. How can I recycle medications that are no longer needed?
    There are periodic Drug Take Back days sponsored by the DEA and local Police Departments. There are also several locations with year-round Drop-Off Points. . The closest one is:
    Ladue Police Department, 9345 Clayton Road, Ladue, MO 63124